How do I get started?
venessap February 02, 2010
"I’m new and want to join the discussion/ask for advice."
You need to be a registered member of lonelyplanet.com to post a message on Thorn Tree.
Our Community Guidelines explain the way we expect our members to participate. You are welcome to browse existing discussions without registering or posting, but there are great rewards to taking part in the conversation - it's better for everyone!
here has occasionally been some concern regarding the proliferation of posts with little value - those that are off-topic, contain nothing but insider jokes or 'agreed' and do not contribute to the discussion.
Please, before you post, keep the following things in mind:
1. Would your post add to the value of the thread? Would it answer someone's question, or contribute to the furthering of the discussion?
2. Would your post derail the thread? Will it take it off-topic in a matter that is inappropriate?
3. Would your post go against any of our Community Guidelines?
4. Is your post one that could classify you as a Troll? Is it Flamebait?
5. Does your post attack anyone, either directly or indirectly, in a personal nature?
Helpful hint: Answer to question one should be yes, answers to questions 2-5 should be no. If you don't pass the litmus test, your post is more than likely not appropriate for the boards and will be dealt with appropriately.